Three fun facts that I know about the “gut”:
• The acid in your stomach is strong enough to burn your skin. (woah.)
• Up to 90% of your serotonin (ie: the chemical responsible for feelings of wellbeing and happiness) is produced — not in your brain — but in your belly.
• Your “Gut” is a wonderful analogy for all things ineffable that we feel but cannot measure. Intuition. Instinct. Sixth Sense. Butterflies.
(Okay, that one is an opinion, not a fact.)
I also know that I’m super excited to invite you to the Trust Your Gut Summit produced and hosted by the delightful and insightful Melissa Patruno, CHHC and featuring 21 presenters (including yours truly) on “GUT” topics ranging from the medical to the metaphysical and all things in between.
Melissa knows a thing or two about taking a multi-dimensional approach to healing:
In her early 20s, she was diagnosed with an autoimmune condition, ulcerative colitis, anxiety, and depression. Doctors told her she had to be on medication for the rest of her life, but her gut told her there had to be a different way.
She knew, deep down, that there was a different approach to her diagnoses, and after tons of research and practice, effectively healed herself.
Which, in my eyes, makes her the perfect person to be hosing this summit — because she knows exactly what she’s talking about, not only as a certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, but also through her own direct experience.
In this summit you can expect topics such as :
• How to live an authentic life by learning to trust your gut.
• Reasons why you can't lose weight and are always short on energy--- and what to do about it.
• Which foods create which symptoms -- from anxiety and skin conditions to weight gain and chronic illness --- and which foods nurture your wellbeing.
• Tools for MORE energy, less anxiety, and healthy weight (without medication).
--- As for us, we jam on meditation, the relationship between self-awareness and self-trust and learning how to identify potentially harmful inherited narratives.
You know, just a nice, light afternoon chit-chat.
The Trust Your Gut summit begins next Monday, May 22 and runs through June 1.
I hope to see you there!